Banner Banner
13 March 2007

Last Friday (9 March), 10am was the scariest day of my life. Ash was still running a low grade fever, but still cheerful. I did notice that she was lethargic when she woke though.
Gave her a bath and all of a sudden, her legs just gave way. I thought she was playing with me, but when I saw her eyes roll and her limbs stiffen, I knew that she gone into a seizure. The moments after that were a blur. The first thought was did she swallow her tongue ? Quickly I forced her mouth open and stuck my finger in to pull her tongue out and held it down. Later was told by doctors that was the wrong thing to do. I guess the IPPT training finally came in useful, carried Ash from our flat and ran all the way to the nearest GP clinic (not the previous quack's clinic, of course). But this one was no better, barely touched her and told us to bring her to KKH instead.
Viv decided that we should bring her to Vanessa's clinic, so I ran all the way back to the car-park to get my car, met Viv at Quack2's clinic and rushed off to Vanessa's. When Vanessa was sure that Ash was alright, she suggested that Ash be brought to KKH for further observation and arranged for an ambulance.
A&E at KKH, what can I say, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Next 2 days were spent trying to get Ash to eat and drink, watching a team of doctors examine Ash and finding out that KKH doesn't have spoons for children even though it's called a Children's Hospital !









Left : Watching TV; Right : zzzzzzzz.......
One thing learnt : 90% of GP's are reluctant to treat infants.