Banner Banner
6 Nov 2007

Early this morning....

I was woken by the sound of soft whimpering. I opened my eyes to see a pair of eyes staring back at me.
Ash : "Daddy, I don't want sleep."
* I hope it's 6am* I peered at my clock, 2am !! I just went to sleep 2 hours ago !
Me : " Ash, it's late, go back to sleep"
Ash then started her I'm going to cry voice : " Daddy wet, daddy wet".
I felt around her pants, the waist band was wet...leakage. Ash has habit of propping her feet up against anything when she sleeps resulting in urine flowing back. So I spent the next 10 mins cleaning and changing her diaper.
Just as I laid my head on the pillow,
Ash : "Daddy, I want drink milk". So off I went, dragging myself to make her milk. 1 bottle of milk and 10 mins later,
Ash :" Daddy, I want to watch Barney"
Me : " Ash, it's late, we watch Barney in the morning, ok ?"
Ash about to wail : " I want to watch Barney !!"
So off again, to start the darn Barney VCD.
Ash : " Daddy, I want to watch ah ah ah" * this can't be true*
Ah Ah Ah means the song If all the rain drops were lemon drops and gum drops
So I fast forwarded it, 32X speed, to Ah Ah Ah. By the time she was satifsfied, it was just after 3am. When I next opened my eyes, Ash was sound alseep, clock showed 4am.


Later in the evening....

Viv made an appointment for Ash to see the chinese physician at Eu Yan Sang at Hougang Ave 1. After examining her, we were told that Ash didn't have asthma, and he said it was common for children her age to have phlegmy cough. He also commented that doctors are always very fast to prescribe "very strong" medicine. Ash was prescribed some powder to be taken 3 times daily for 5 days. Let's see how it goes.